We have answers for your damaged and missing teeth – Fort Wayne dental crowns and bridges! Using experience gained over three decades, Dr. Guy can make your smile good as new. Treatment with crowns and bridges gives you all these benefits:Doctor Fortier Talks about Crowns and Bridges Read Transcript
If you have a tooth that's more filling than tooth, the chances of it chipping, cracking, or breaking in two go up exponentially. When that happens, we replace what's there with a crown or a cap. It's a two-step procedure where we trim the tooth down, take a mold, and then you come back two weeks later and we glue in the permanent one, the ones who are just gorgeous. They strengthen the tooth and make it a lot more likely that tooth will last you many, many more years.
A crown is the best solution. Unfortunately, everybody is different with the amount of stress they put on their tooth and how much tooth was left to start with. But most crowns last in the 10 to 15 year range, with some going many, many more years than that.
Most of the older crowns we did had a metal backing to them for strength. They've made the new porcelain so that you don't need that anymore. The new crowns, there's no metal to them, so there's no grayish cast, and the metal line you sometimes see at the gumline is gone. They improved the strength, they improved the aesthetics, and they're much easier to maintain and keep clean because they're much smoother and don't hold the food nearly as much.
A bridge can replace the space between if a tooth is lost. We put a cap or a crown on each adjacent tooth, and then one piece is cemented in. That becomes your tooth. They are very aesthetic, have good longevity. However, if there is enough bone, an implant is always the better choice. If you come in, we can discuss the options, what will be best, and how much everything would cost. You can make your decision from there.
If you had a space and you needed a bridge, if the teeth on either side of the space were compromised, if they had a lot of fillings in them, then the bridge would be a very good call because they would need the support long-term anyways. The teeth on either side don't have any fillings, and you'd have to cut down a lot of good tooth to put the crown on the tooth, then the implant would be the better solution for you.
But once again, there's a whole lot of other factors that work into it. But once again, come in, we can talk about it, and I can tell you your best options. Once again, you can choose what would be best for you.
- A complete and beautiful smile you’ll proudly show off everywhere.
- Easier ability to eat foods you’ve had to avoid.
- Better digestion and fewer stomach and overall health problems.
- A younger, more vibrant appearance.
- Easier speech so that others can understand you the first time.
Call Guy H. Fortier, DDS today at 260-888-3871 to schedule an appointment for restorative dentistry. Our friendly dentist office is located at 5725 Maplecrest Road, just down from St. Joe Center Road.
Enjoy Having a Beautiful Smile Again
When you need to make your mouth whole again with crowns and bridges, you have several options at Guy H. Fortier, DDS. We’ll discuss them in detail at your consultation and help you decide the best course of action for your unique smile! Your choices could include:
- Single Crown For Repair – Your crown can be made from porcelain or zirconia depending on your wants and the location of the crown. We often use IPS e.max crowns, which are crafted from high-quality lithium disilicate for lasting beauty.
- Fixed Bridge – This type of bridge consists of crowns on either end, which anchor to your existing teeth, plus one or more replacement teeth in between. This appliance is a great way to restore your bite and smile.
- Implant-Supported Crown – We can attach a sturdy crown onto a dental implant (replacement tooth root) that an oral surgeon has placed in your jaw. The result will be a beautiful tooth and virtually all your biting power restored.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – While its function is similar to that of a fixed bridge, this appliance anchors to two or more dental implants and will replace several missing teeth in a row.
Rejuvenate your mouth with dental crowns and bridges in Fort Wayne. Call Guy H. Fortier, DDS today at 260-888-3871 to schedule an appointment.