Most people know that it’s best to visit a dentist twice a year for a dental cleaning and exam. However, there is much more to general dentistry in Fort Wayne than just a checkup. Our general dental services will help you:Doctor Fortier Talks about the importance of General Dentistry Read Transcript
Dr. Fortier: Most people come in on a six-month recall, and so when you come in, we make sure that we check all the teeth, check for mouth cancers, and spend the better part of an hour just making sure that everything's okay.
And once again, the problem with dentistry is a lot of times the problem occurs before it hurts, so you don't know you have the problem, and we like to explain the problem to you and tell you what we would do and that it's your choice to do what you want.
When you keep your regular visits, we can (A) find problems when they're small. The cavity will be much smaller than if you missed it for six months, and at six months, it can go quite a bit larger. And then we also like to make sure the gum health is always optimal. By checking the pockets around the teeth, and that's, once again, a real easy procedure that takes about four or five minutes, we can tell you exactly where the problem is and show you ways to improve it at your next visit.
- Maintain a bright and confident smile.
- Avoid unnecessary dental work through early detection and treatment of small problems.
- Protect your smile from unexpected injury.
- Achieve and maintain good overall oral health and total body health.
Call us today at 260-888-3871 to schedule your appointment for general dentistry services. We’re located at 5725 Maplecrest Road, convenient for all Fort Wayne residents in and near the 46835 ZIP code.
We Love Our New Patients
We welcome all new patients with open arms and welcome the chance to help you maintain a healthy, bright smile. Unless your first visit with us is for an emergency, you will usually see our hygienist first. They will do an initial check of your teeth and gums, including taking some digital X-rays for a detailed look.
Most of the time, we will clean your teeth at your first appointment. Our hygienist will give you a thorough cleaning and polishing, making sure to pay close attention to areas you might miss at home. Afterward, Dr. Guy will give you a complete exam, rechecking any problem areas. He will also discuss any particular issues you’re having, ask about the goals you have for your smile, and help you understand our approach to dental care.
We Offer Advanced Dental Care Using Gentle Laser Treatment
Our modern office is stocked with leading-edge technology, including three different types of dental lasers to make your treatment precise and comfortable.
The first type of laser is used to detect early signs of tooth decay that aren’t visible to the naked eye or even detectable using standard dental instruments. The second type of laser removes tooth decay without the need for any drilling or shots, allowing us to then fill the cavity with a natural-looking composite filling. Our third type of laser is used on soft tissues, for example, during gum disease treatment or for cosmetic gum reshaping.
Protect Your Oral Health & Total Body Health With Our General Dental Services
Below is a list of some of our general dental services. As always, if you have questions about any of them, our friendly team will be happy to help.
- Fluoride Treatments & Varnishes – Fluoride helps prevent cavities and can even reverse tooth decay if caught early enough.
- Tooth Sealants – We evaluate each child who comes into our office to see if they could benefit from this treatment. Sealants form a protective barrier, blocking your teeth against harmful, disease-causing bacteria.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – Dr. Guy will try to determine what’s causing your symptoms, then give you counseling and recommend specialty products to help you manage this chronic condition.
- Halitosis (Bad Breath) Treatment – We’ll counsel you on good oral hygiene techniques and specialty products or tools you can use at home, such as water flossers.
- Custom Athletic Mouthguards – A professionally made mouthguard will protect your teeth against damage during sports. It will work better and fit more comfortably than a store-bought mouthguard.
- Custom Bruxism (Teeth Grinding) Mouthguards – Our specially made mouthguard can stop teeth grinding and help you avoid damage to your tooth enamel. Treatment can reduce or eliminate TMJ problems as well.
- Tongue-Tie Procedure – We can safely adjust the tissue between your child’s tongue and floor of their mouth to make talking and eating easier.