Call us now at 260-888-3871 if you’re in pain, and we’ll get you in for a same-day emergency appointment. If you’re an established patient, we will see you anytime. When you’re faced with Fort Wayne dental emergencies and your smile is on the line, count on Guy H. Fortier, DDS to:Doctor Fortier Talks about Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
If something comes up unexpected – toothache, you lose a filling, you chip a tooth, you lose a crown – we strive to get you in that day to see what we can do to help alleviate your situation.
If your tooth hurts, if it's abscessed, we get you on antibiotics and analgesics to alleviate your pain and get you to the person that you need to see to get the problem resolved. If we can do it, we're more than happy to. If it takes a referral, we're more than happy to do that also.
Say your crown comes off and you come in. If the crown is serviceable, we clean out the old cement, make sure there's nothing going wrong with the tooth, and glue it back on that day, and you should be good to go. If it needs further work, we can talk about it from there, if there's something else wrong with it. If there's another reason why it fell off other than just the cement failed, then we can talk about that and then give you your options as to what would be the best course of treatment for you.
Our goal is to have our patients healthy and out of pain, and we understand that when the unexpected happens, you need to see somebody quick. We do our best to get you in and alleviate the situation, or get you to the people that can rectify the situation.
- Provide expert care, backed by Dr. Guy’s three-plus decades of experience.
- Make accurate and beneficial recommendations for repairing your smile.
- Treat you with compassion and help make your visit as comfortable as possible.
- Provide follow-up care to help you maintain a healthy and attractive smile.
Call 260-888-3871 now for a same-day emergency appointment! Our address is 5725 Maplecrest Road, near the intersection of Maplecrest and St. Joe Center Road.
Know What to Do in a Dental Emergency
At Guy H. Fortier, DDS, we successfully treat many types of dental emergencies. Below are a few kinds of dental disasters along with the proper steps you should take before arriving at our office:
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth with warm water, then apply ice to the outside of your jaw to help reduce pain and swelling.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Retrieve the tooth by the crown (white part), being careful not to touch the roots. Place it in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva and bring it with you to our office.
- Chipped or Broken Tooth – Bring any pieces of tooth with you. You can apply ice or a cold compress to your jaw to ease your pain and help reduce any swelling.
- Loose Crown – Apply a thin smear of toothpaste or dental cement to the inside surface of the crown and try to put it back into place. If that doesn’t work, be sure to bring the crown to your appointment.
- Lost Filling – Place a piece of sugarless gum or dental cement over the area to help keep out debris and reduce your discomfort.